I will show you a very simple way to Jailbreak your iPhone 3G With JailbreakMe & Unlock With UltraSn0w so that you can use your iPhone with T-Mobile (USA), Orange and Vodafone in Europe and other GSM carriers around the world. You can read this tutorial and other great ones on my blog at http://www.JailbreakHub.com.
I will walk you through each step. So follow along carefully.
First let’s do the jailbreak:
1. Launch Safari browser on your iPhone
2. Type this in your browser: http://www.jailbreakme.com
Note: If that doesn’t work, type this in: http://www.jailbreakme.com/index.html
3. Now you will be taken to the homepage of Jailbreakme.com. The website will check to see if your iPhone software version can be jailbroken.
If your version cannot be jailbroken, it will tell you to upgrade your software/firmware first before being able to use the website to jailbreak.
I will cover the steps needed to get your iPhone 3G firmware/software upgraded to a compatible version without jeopardising your baeband, in a different tutorial.
So obviously, only continue with this tutorial if the Jailbreakme.com website did not prompt you to upgrade your firmware.
4. Now to jailbreak your iPhone 3G using Jailbreakme, just “Slide To Jailbreak”.
5. Once you “Slide To Jailbreak” wait for the program to run its course. DO NOT DISTURB the jailbreak process.
6. Once it’s all done, it will place Cydia on your home screen. We will use Cydia to do the unlock.
Okay, now let’s tackle the Unlock of your iPhone 3G:
1. Go ahead and connect to a wifi network.
2. Now launch Cydia
3. Wait for Cydia to update itself.
4. When prompted, choose “User Graphical Interface” for the upgrades and initial settings.
5. After Cydia does its thing and stops loading, tap “Manage” from the Cydia system tray.
6. Now tap “Sources”.
7. In “Sources” you should see a list of sources already pre-installed by Cydia. Look for Ultrasn0w unlock.
8. Click on the Ultrasn0w source and follow the on-screen prompts to install it on your iPhone.
9. Once installed, your iPhone 3G is now unlocked to be used with T-Mobile, Vodafone, Orange, etc.
10. Pop in your sim card and enjoy your newly freed iPhone 3G.